Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quick Sketch Movie Review: Paper Heart


Jeez I am so behind. i've seen so many movies I can't keep up with myself. paper heart is a really sweet movie. If you don't mind sweet movies. its billed as a documentary about love, which it is....and a love story, which it is as well in a way. The movie follows Charlyne Yi (Knocked Up) as she interviews pople acsoss the country about love, how they feel about it and their experiences in hopes of understanding it herself since she claims to never had experienced it herself. This makes for some really cute stories that are dramatized very crudely with paper cutout puppets. But its crude in a cute way. When the "love story" of Charlyne and Michale Cera (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) I found myself more interested in the interviews because they were so diverse, but it was still sweet because both of the "characters" are such characters. Charlyne Yi is a very quirky individual and has a presence for being such a shy person. But all of this is part of the story. Recommended even if you're not into love stories, which I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment