Thursday, July 3, 2008

Process



I figured it would be cool to post one of my original drawings for a strip. This is the original sketch for today's strip. I draw them usually on illustration board with a 4h or HB pencil. One of those deals with no eraser, just the metal topper. I rule it all out so that it will be the right dimensions and everything and I essentially end up erasing the lines becaue I put them back in on the computer. I inked with Microns up until about two weeks ago, I have been using a crow quill pen and ink lately. I forget which kind right now. Oh well. It is drawn on half of a 11x17 illustration board. These are for sale by the way. But now, the original is inked and the pencil lines have been erased. As artists, its always neat to see the original art before its inked or digitally colored or what have you. Go see the strip inked, cleaned up and digitally lettered by the way, if you didn't get here from there already.




http://lildudecomics.comicgenesis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment