Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lil Dude and Rooney's Black History Pt 1


I watched a documentary on KET yesterday that got me interested inh a man I had never heard of but was immediately interested in. His name is Eugene Jacques Bullard and he was the first black Fighter Pilot. During the time of WWI we all know the poor treatment of blacks, even the ones serving in the military. It was thought that blacks weren't intelligent enough to be able to fly planes and weren't given the chance. Having travelled the country via a entertainment comedy troupe he ended up in Europe which is where he actually fought. There were lots of black soldiers living and serving in the military in France at the time because they were treated much more fairly than in their native U.S. Corporal Bullard earned his wings and fought in many battles fo the french before being severly wounded. There will of course be a follow up to my black history book from last year. It will be bigger and better and these posts will help me brainstorm and reference what I will be covering in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment