Monday, June 23, 2008

Crow Quill Pens

Today I did my second strip with a crow quill pen. It is in no way a new pen, Ive had the thing forever because I heard or read that some artist I liked used one. So I decided to crack the thing open for a change and try it out. I am actually liking the crow quill. It takes a little longer than my beloved microns, but it has an obviously more organic look.
Be sure and check out the strip, link to it, tell all your friends. A brotha is working hard to make this thing good and as proffessional as I can. I'm trying to step my game up more with each strip. I'm watching Semi-Pro on DVD as I write and its pretty funny. Same old Will Ferrel schtick, which I like. Poor Andre 3000. I am the hugest Outkast fan ever. My all time favorite group. But that man could not act for crap. He cannot shake that deep south Atlanta accent for anything, which is hilarious. Oh yeah! Go see Kung-Fu Panda! If you are an artist and like animation, to not be a Pixar movie it is the most beautiful. The way the color schemes change to fit the tone of the story. Aw man, its gorgeous. And its funny too. Until next time folks, keep the peace.
http://lildudecomics.comicgenesis.com

1 comment:

  1. Quill pen. I recently bought some quill pen tips for really cheep they probably are cheep ones well my question is this how does one best use them? i sort of get it

    Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Kalib
    Church Pens

    ReplyDelete